Faculty Institute for Diversity Train the Trainer Workshop
The Faculty Institute for Diversity: Train the Trainer Workshop in 2017
The workshop is full, but we encourage participants to sign up for the waiting list by contacting Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
An Invitation to Join the Faculty Institute for Diversity: Train the Trainer Workshop
June 21, 2017 to June 23, 2017
Ithaca, NY 14853
About the Faculty Institute for Diversity: Train the Trainer Workshop
What is the purpose of the Faculty Institute for Diversity: Train the Trainer Workshop?
The Faculty Institute for Diversity: Train the Trainer Workshop brings together a community of leaders interested in creating inclusive teaching programming on their campuses. The workshop is designed to prepare new and seasoned trainers in the development of a diversity institute tailored to your institution.
Why was the Faculty Institute for Diversity created?
The Faculty Institute for Diversity at Cornell was created for full-time tenure-track and tenured faculty to engage in complex discussions on diversity, to create a network of teachers and scholars who can serve as a resource for one another on matters of diversity and education, and to encourage participants to incorporate diversity and address the needs of diverse learners in new or revised courses.
Why should you come?
This workshop will be facilitated by seasoned experts who have successfully conducted diversity institutes for several years. The workshop content offers research-based and practical methods that can be easily adapted to a variety of higher education settings. You will leave with a plan for conducting your own workshop.
This train the trainer workshop will:
- Provide you with a foundation for developing programming that supports faculty efforts to incorporate diversity into their teaching
- Model best practices for engaging faculty in diversity discussions
- Offer strategies for organizing a workshop at your institution
- Supply ready-to-use materials and resources
Who should come?
Administrators, faculty members, faculty developers, diversity officers, diversity professionals or committee members, and staff members who lead professional development for faculty members.
Participation is limited to two from each institution.
What topics are covered in the workshop?
· rationale and benefits
· best practices for inclusive teaching
· how to facilitate discussions on diversity and inclusion
· common facilitator challenges and lessons learned
· assessment methods for determining impact
How do you register?
The 2017 Faculty Institute for Diversity: Train-the Trainer workshop is full. We encourage participants to sign up for the waiting list by contacting Conference Services at email@example.com or call +1(607) 255-5368.
Program fee: $899.00 prior to February 11th, 2017, and $949.00 February 11th- June 6th, 2017.
What does the registration fee include?
- 2 1/2 days of programming including an evening excursion. Full-day workshop sessions on 6/21 and 6/22. Half-day workshop session until 12:30 on 6/23. Evening excursion on 6/21 to Taughannock State Park
- Meals: Reception on Tuesday (7/12) from 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m., lunches each day, dinner on Wednesday, and buffet-style breakfasts at the William Keeton House Dining Room each day (6/21-6/23).
- Single rooms in student housing at the Carl Becker House* for 3 nights (6/20, 6/21, 6/22)
*The Carl Becker House is located on West Campus. The Carl Becker House is made up of suites (4 rooms per suite) and corridor rooms. Attendees will be assigned a single room with 4 people sharing a bathroom.
This workshop is sponsored by Cornell University’s Center for Teaching Excellence
Our regional airport in Ithaca offers a few flights a day. Syracuse airport is a larger airport with many more flight opportunities and less expensive fares.
Parking near West Campus can be purchased using the Park Mobile app or call Cornell Commuter and Parking Services at 607-255-PARK to make arrangements.
Cancellations prior to May 1 will be refunded the full amount minus 10% processing fee. No monetary refunds after June 1, 2017, however, you can arrange a transfer to another person if requested by May 26, 2017.
Other questions? Please e-mail Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1(607) 255-5368
Already signed up? Click here to log in with your email address and password.